Updated as of April 25, 2022
SCOPE AND APPLICATION
This Policy applies to persons anywhere in the world who use our Services to request transportation (“Users”). THIS POLICY IS A LEGAL AND BINDING AGREEMENT governing your use of our services, and our privacy practices with respect to our services. Please review this Policy fully before you continue to use our services. By using our services, you agree to be bound by this Policy. You will also be subject to any additional terms and conditions posted which also govern your use of our services. These additional terms include (without limitation) the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to this Policy, you are directed to discontinue using and accessing our services. SpotOn reserves the right to change or supplement this Policy at any time without prior notice. Your continued access or use of our services after such changes or supplements indicates your acceptance of the Policy as changed or supplemented. It is your responsibility to review this Policy regularly. This policy applies to all:
- Riders: individuals who request or receive transportation, including those who receive transportation requested by another individual.
- Drivers: individuals who provide transportation to Riders individually or through affiliate transportation companies.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
SpotOn collects information about you when you use our services and through other interactions and communications you have with us. We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request our services, use our services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, payment method and other information you choose to provide. Questions, comments, and complaints about SpotOn’s practices can be submitted in writing to SpotOn.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH YOUR USE OF OUR MOBILE APPLICATION
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Location Information: When you use our mobile application, we collect precise location data about the trip from the SpotOn app used by the Driver and the Rider.
- If you permit the SpotOn app to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background.We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged and other related transaction details. Additionally, if you use a promotion code, we may associate your name and/or email address with that code.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and versions, advertising identifiers and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data: Our Services may facilitate communications between Users and Affiliated Drivers. In connection with facilitating this service, we may receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we may collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
INFORMATION ABOUT PLATFORM PERMISSIONS
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that mobile applications cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the SpotOn app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the SpotOn app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users, develop additional features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and a Driver, such as estimated times of arrival (ETAs), or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals, invites, split fare requests, or ETA sharing;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of SpotOn and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
SHARING OF INFORMATION THROUGH OUR SERVICES
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
- With Drivers to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we share your
name, and pickup and/or drop-off locations with Affiliated Drivers;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, socia
media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps
or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate;
OTHER IMPORTANT SHARING
We may also share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
- With SpotOn affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf,
or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to
such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in
accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent
with our User agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SpotOn or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets,
consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at pickups@SpotOn.Pet. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
DATA RETENTION AND DELETION
SpotOn retains user data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above. Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. SpotOn may retain user data after a deletion request due to legal or regulatory requirements or for reasons stated in this policy.
SpotOn retains user data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above. This means that we retain different categories of data for different periods of time depending on the type of data, the category of user to whom the data relates, and the purposes for which we collected the data.
Following receipt of a written request for an account deletion, SpotOn deletes the user’s account and data, unless they must be retained due to legal or regulatory requirements, for purposes of safety, security, and fraud prevention, or because of an issue relating to the user’s account such as an outstanding credit or an unresolved claim or dispute.
SpotOn will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
We may request permission for our app’s collection of precise location from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this will limit your ability to use certain features of our Services. Additionally, disabling our app’s collection of precise location from your device will not limit our ability to collect your trip location information from a Driver’s device nor our ability to derive approximate location from your IP address.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
Your SpotOn Profile is password-protected so that only You and authorized SpotOn employees have access to your account information. In order to maintain this protection, do not give your password to anyone. SpotOn staff will never proactively reach out to you and ask for any personal account information, including your password. If you share a computer, you should sign out of your SpotOn account and close the browser window before someone else logs on. This will help protect your information entered on public terminals from disclosure to third parties.
SpotOn uses secured sockets layer (SSL) technology to ensure the privacy of your personal information. This advanced security technology encrypts or scrambles your personal data before it is sent to us, making it virtually impossible for anyone other than SpotOn to read it. Some older Internet browsers and some firewalls do not permit communication through secure servers. In that case, you will not be able to connect to our server securely. You may choose to connect to the secure server via our standard servers, but your password will not be encrypted. If you have already securely saved billing information to your account, you can still order securely using your saved information. If you submit new billing information via standard servers, it will not be encrypted.
SpotOn will not sell, rent, or exchange your personal information. You may at any time prevent SpotOn’s use of your e-mail address by “opting out” of specific mailing lists and services. To “opt out”, send an e-mail to SpotOn at pickups@SpotOn.Pet.
SpotOn strives to protect the personal information, confidentiality, and privacy of each user. However, SpotOn cannot (and does not) guarantee the security of any personally identifiable information that you may submit to SpotOn in connection with your use of our services and you do so at your own risk.
By using our services, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information by SpotOn as described in this Policy.
You acknowledge that you are aware of security and privacy limitations including but not limited to: (1) the global accessibility of the website on the Internet; (2) the limitation of security, privacy, and authentication measures and features in SpotOn’s website; (3) the risk that data or information on the website may be subject to eavesdropping, sniffing, spoofing, forgery, spamming, “impostering”, tampering, breaking passwords, harassment, fraud, electronic trespassing, hacking, nuking, system contamination (including viruses, worms, and Trojan horses) causing unauthorized, damaging, or harmful access and/or retrieval of information and data on your computer; and (4) the risk that data or information on the website, may be subject to other security or privacy hazards, may not reach its destination, or may reach an erroneous address or recipient.
SpotOn is committed to the safety of children and to protecting the online privacy of children. Children under 18 may not use or access the website. If a child under 18 nonetheless elects to use or access the website, he (or she) should always ask a parent for permission before doing so. SpotOn will not request or knowingly collect from a child any personal information about the child or child’s family. SpotOn is not able to prohibit minors from visiting its services. SpotOn relies on parents, guardians, and those responsible for supervising children under the age of 18 and prohibiting their use of, and access to, its services
SpotOn fully cooperates with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. SpotOn reserves the right to release information to law enforcement agencies about users who SpotOn believes are in violation of this Policy SpotOn also reserves the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that SpotOn believes to be unlawful and the identity of those who may be responsible.
You and SpotOn have agreed to this Policy within the State of New York, for all purposes. All services that are furnished to you on (or through) SpotOn’s services are deemed to be furnished within the State of New York. All such services are being furnished by SpotOn through its personnel and computer equipment located within the State of New York.
All disputes arising out of, under, or in connection with this Policy (including without limitation, their validity, interpretation, performance, or breach) will be adjudicated exclusively in the federal or state courts located in (or having jurisdiction over) New York County, New York. This Policy and its validity and effect will be interpreted under, and governed by, the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. You expressly consent to the jurisdiction of such courts over you. You expressly waive any claim of an inconvenient forum
CHANGES TO THE STATEMENT
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.